maandag 14 februari 2011

Eckhart Tolle explains

Eckhart Tolle has suffered from depression. In both his book and the webcast with Oprah he told about the day he was thinking about committing suicide. He heard himself say:"I can no longer live with myself"...and he started thinking about what that ment. Eckhart concluded that when HE could no longer live with HIMSELF, there had to be two identities inside of him...one of them had to be FALSE!

When I heard Eckhart tell that I immediately recognised it! While bleeding out on my bed during the miscarriage, I heard MY voice telling MYSELF that it had to shut up, not to make panic, but only to bring up the thoughts that would be relevant for the next hour. After hearing Eckhart Tolle speak about his experience I knew that the voice I had heard was really me, the thought-processing mind was just my computer who needed to make all sorts of calculations to help me function in this life. But instead of doing it's job it had tried to take over and drag me into a panic.

I saw all ten episodes of Eckhart Tolle and Oprah's webcast, over and over again. Eckhart explained his theory about how the mind works and I concluded that his explanation came very close to my experience. So I started to look at myself as a person with a true self (me, the soul) and a false one (this thought processing computer in my brain that wants to take over now and then). So everytime I found myself in a stressfull situation I tried to become as aware as I could of the fact that the stress, anxiety, anger, etc., I was feeling was coming from the false me, and that I could turn the false calculation off with the visualisation I discovered in the RET method.
I also understood what Eckhart ment by living in the moment. You get distressed if you let your mind calculate on events that are too far in history or in the future.

I turned out that I was going to experience 4 more miscarriages, and everytime I tried to use these experiences as a lesson in managing my thoughtprocessor, my mind.
And I learned how to be in the moment more and more, every day...relaxed, calm, content, with an huge inner smile...and an extraordinary experience was about to come...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten